Skip to main content

Week 11 Famous Last Words - A solidly alright week

So this last week was a little bit stressful. My capstone is having some logistics problems. We need 240 volt power at our testing facility. Unfortunately, OU facilities is charging an absurd rate for to get it hooked up. Luckily, we were able to find some work arounds to get us up and testing, but it is still stressful. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that we had to change locations after designing around an initial location. Things happen though. You have to be capable of adapting, and we are more than able; maybe just not very willing.

My robotics lab project went pretty well this week. One of my partners came in clutch and basically just programmed it in his free time. It was pretty simple this week, but still. That is time I can spend on other things. A few of my friend set up a practice course since the Professor hadn’t set one up. We made a pretty sweet course that was essentially a closed loop track. We had some fun doing some time trial races on that. My bot lost, but I’m not even mad. It was just that much fun.

In other news, I joined a new D&D campaign this week. I joined partway through an existing campaign, so that is a bit awkward. Some of my friends were running a campaign when one of them suddenly had to drop. I had my first session with them this Friday. We were able to fit my character in smoothly, so that was pretty nice. It had been a while since I last played, and I almost forgot how much I missed it. We had a pretty sweet encounter. We were fighting a witch that had 120 health as a party of 4 level 5 characters. For reference, at this point we deal individually on average 8-15 ish damage depending on if we are expending more expensive attacks or not. Due to some lucky crits and expending some expensive, higher-level attacks, we were able to kill the witch in one turn without taking any damage. Our DM was so stunned that he gave us all an extra feat as well as allowing us to level up early due to the awesomeness of the event.

Image result for berez 5e
Town We Fought the Witch In


Comments

  1. Hi there! There's nothing better than having a great partner for a project. No matter how easy or hard the assignment, extra time to get other things done is always nice. I am also in capstone, so I can only imagine having that issue pop up this late in the semester. I am glad you guys are going to be able to work around it even though I'm sure it's a pain in the butt! Keep it up and finish up strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a busy week! It's awesome that your partner came through and did a chunk of the work giving the rest of you all a break and time to do other things. The problems with your capstone certainly sound frustrating, but you have a great attitude with just going with the flow and adapting as needed. I hope this week isn't as crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hopeful Rocket Scientist

My name is Chris Weigel and I am a senior majoring in Aerospace Engineering. Initially, I came to OU wanting to be a Chemical Engineer. I have always enjoyed chemistry and still do to this day. Often my favorite parts of my classes are those that involve looking at the chemistry behind the mechanics. That being said, I switched to Aerospace because I realized how much I love aircraft and spacecraft. I am a member of the Boomer Rocket Team, an engineering competition team focused on building rockets for competition. Last year I helped build our rocket for the Spaceport America Cup which is an international competition. This was the team's first competition with more than 5 other teams competing. BRT Rocket Launching at Competition Courtesy of BRT Other than building rockets, I am an avid gamer. I probably play more video games than I should, but I'm having fun so I guess I don't really care. I primarily play Overwatch and Dota 2. I play a number of other games as

Week 7 Story - You'll Find Your Dreams at a Crossroads

It was nearing midnight, and though the moon shone full, it was still dark. Justin walked forward, tentatively, following an old path in the woods. He had heard the legends. The hushed whispers of the folk of the town he grew up in. That there was something that could give him anything he had ever wanted. Something unnatural. He heard the rumors: that you had to bring gifts – an offering of sorts. He had spent the last week meticulously gathering what he needed: a yarrow flower, a cat’s paw, human blood – your own blood.   You’ll find your dreams at a crossroads. It was a phrase well recorded with the town. Every victim of an unsolved murder within the last hundred years in his town had the phrase carved into one of their arms. Granted, there weren’t many of them, but there were enough to make people wonder. The phrase repeated in his mind over and over. He grew nervous. The Crossroads Justin stopped. In front of him, the path split. A crossroads, he thought . He was the